Current Position Openings
Cleaning Services Contractor
The Columbia County Rural Library District is seeking a reliable individual to provide cleaning services to the Library District for an average of two hours, two days per week for routine cleaning. This position also provides an additional four to six hours per month for deep cleaning. This is an independent contractor position and the pay is $22.50/hour, paid monthly. Must obtain your own liability insurance. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
Every Wednesday evening after 5:00 pm, and every Sunday:
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop all floors throughout the library and the Delany
- Clean and dust all surfaces such as tables, service desk, counters, computer stations, window frames, sills, and blinds; doors and door frames; equipment such as computers and monitors.
- Clean/sanitize high-touch surfaces such as doors, railings.
- Clean bathrooms: clean toilets, sinks, mirrors, walls, toilet paper and towel dispensers; mop floors (and tile walls, if needed); restock paper towel and toilet paper dispensers.
- Clean and maintain the fish tank.
- Notify staff when new cleaning supplies are needed.
- Check and verify building security when entering and leaving the buildings, noting any concerns in an email to the Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Fill out an Employment Application Form (MS Word or PDF) available at the library front desk and submit it along with at least 2 references from previous employment. Personal references are also accepted as long as they are not family members. Bring your completed form and list of references to the library for consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions? Contact Todd Vandenbark, MLS, Director of Library Services, at email@example.com or 509-328-3169.