Current Position Openings
Position Title: Page
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: CCRLD Director
Schedule: 8-9 hours per week, part-time
Columbia County Rural Library District serves the residents of Dayton and Columbia County. The Page is responsible for shelving and providing clerical duties as assigned. Typical duties include sorting mail; filing; bibliographic searching and retrieval; assisting users and staff to locate materials; receiving, unpacking, sorting, packing, and delivering materials; and assisting patrons with library services in whatever way necessary. A Page is required to make some independent judgments and to develop knowledge of library policies and procedures.
- 14 years or older
- Preference given to someone who has volunteered in a library
- Ability to learn new things
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
Under immediate supervision, performs clerical and other library work as required.
- Shelves library materials and reads shelves.
- Performs circulation desk procedures, such as checking in and checking out materials, registering patrons and collecting fines.
- Does typing and filing.
- Processes, withdraws, repairs, or reconditions library materials.
- Sorts and routes mail.
- Assists with library programs and displays.
- Assist patron with ready-reference questions and reader advisory, bibliographic instruction and database searching.
- Assists with creating bookmarks, flyers, and brochures.
- Answers directional questions and refers patrons to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other related work as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, and stooping.
- Bending/twisting and reaching.
- Talking and hearing; use of the telephone.
- Far vision at 20 feet or further; near vision at 20 inches or less.
- Lifting and carrying: 50 pounds or less.
- Handling: processing, picking up and shelving and books.
- Dexterity: typing, writing, filing, sorting, shelving and processing.
- Pushing and pulling: objects weighing 60-80 pounds on wheels.
- Communication skills: effectively communicate ideas and information both in written and oral form.
- Reading ability: effectively read and understand information contained in memoranda, reports and bulletins, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions: effectively follow instructions from supervisor, verbally and in written form.
- Mathematical ability: calculate basic arithmetic problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the aid of a calculator.
- Time management: set priorities in order to meet assignment deadlines.
Fill out an Employment Application Form (MS Word or PDF) available at the library front desk and submit it along with at least 2 references from previous employment. Personal references are also accepted as long as they are not family members. Bring your completed form and list of references to the library for consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions? Contact Todd Vandenbark, MLS, Director of Library Services, at email@example.com or 509-328-3169.