Dayton Memorial Library is pleased to provide our patrons with Interlibrary loan service. If you crave a book we don’t own, we’ll do our very best to get it for you, either by adding it to our collection or borrowing from another library. We borrow from all over the continental U.S., so odds are, we can find it for you!
Patrons may order up to four (4) Interlibrary loan materials at one time (that is 4 total on order and/or received).
- Overdue Interlibrary Loan materials will be subject to the same overdue fees as materials owned by Columbia County Rural Library District.
- Lost/damaged ILL material will be the responsibility of the customer and the fee for lost/damaged material will be assigned by the lending library.
What can I borrow?
The library can borrow a wide variety of materials, including:
- books and audiobooks published earlier than the last 6 months
- copies of journal/magazine articles or genealogical information
- microfilm or microfiche of newspapers
- theses or dissertations
The owning library will make the decision as to whether or not they will lend the material.
Items not available for Interlibrary loan include:
- videos, DVDs, music cassettes and CDs, downloadable audiobooks, downloadable ebooks, software, genealogy books (though we can request specific copies from genealogy items)
- books already owned by Dayton Memorial Library (including items located within our Reference, Northwest Room, and Genealogy collections).